Another Otakon has come and gone. Here’s a quick summary of the anime related announcements.
- They made no licensing announcements, however they gave a bit of an update on Legend of the Galactic Heroes. They not only have the main series, but Gaiden and the movies as well.
- There only other announcement was that Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions -Heart Throb- is getting a premium edition (Packaging Preview)
- There were no new announcements at their Sailor Moon panel.
- At their regular panel, they mentioned that Hunter x Hunter (2011) would be coming out on home video in the fall, though the exact date is somewhat dependent on Toonami’s scheduling. As these things usually go, the premiere of the English dubbed episodes fall to Toonami, so the home video release cannot get ahead of it. Next Saturday should be Episode 17 of Hunter x Hunter.
- They also mentioned that JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Season 1 will be hitting home video at some point after Hunter x Hunter releases. JoJo’s is set to run on Toonami in October. It will most likely take One Punch Man‘s timeslot, as that will be ending in October.
- Lastly, they will be releasing one more Limited Edition Ranma 1/2 bluray set. This set will contain the OVAs and the movies. At this point they don’t know if they can get the 2008 OVA, but they are going to work on acquiring it.
- Code Geass: Akito the Exiled should be an early 2017 release
- They also revealed that they have licensed Monster Hunter Stories Ride-On from the upcoming Fall ’16 lineup. They really seem to be going after the kiddy programing as of late.
- The biggest reveal of the panel was the slate of titles set for November release. Details on the releases are sparse right now, as they don’t go up for preorder till tomorrow (the 15th). I’ll update in a separate post once the information is available. For now, three of the titles are new licenses and one is a re-license. The rest of the list is made up of their simulcasted shows, a couple re-releases and the first of the Rurouni Kenshin live-action films.
- Their only announcement was that they will be simulcasting Fall ’16’s Nanbaka
- They announced five new licenses
- They also announced that they will be releasing 5 Centimeters per Second on bluray, in cooperation with Crunchyroll (CR holds the license). The release will not include the ADV dub as it is not available.
- They also revealed that Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture will be released on bluray
- They also gave updates on a number of their releases
- 07-Ghost, Karate Master and Strike the Blood (BD/DVD combo) will be released in November
- Lupin the 3rd Part 2 (Red Jacket series) Set 1 will be released in December. It’s the first of 4 sets. This show was previously licensed by Pioneer / Geneon and was shown on Adult Swim. Only the part that was shown on TV was dubbed. Sets 1 and 2 will contain the episodes that were dubbed and sets 3 and 4 will be sub-only.
- Kyousougiga is planned to be released late ’16 or early ’17. It will be packed with just about everything available for it (ONAs, the TV series, Eps 5.5 and 10.5, Promotional Videos and so on).
- Magic Knight Rayearth was delayed due to paperwork. They plan to get it out ASAP. The release will be on DVD and BD.
- Seha Girls is getting a sub-only BD and DVD packed with liner notes.
- The True Tears release set for August 30th will have the longer ending on the final episode (~3 mins). This was not on the Bandai Ent. release, as the epilogue was created for the JP BD release that was done a couple years after Bandai did their release in the States.
- Nothing announced at the panel, however the reps are aware of the mono audio issue on the first volume of Sound! Euphonium and a fix is coming.
***Rightstuf / Sunrise***
- Turn A Gundam is coming to bluray Early 2017. As a nice gesture, they will be offering an upgrade program for those who bought the DVDs.
- Outside of the Rightstuf panel, someone asked a Sunrise rep when Gundam Wing would be released and was told “next year” [link]. The plan looks to be to release this on DVD and BD.
- Rightstuf CEO Shawn K. said they are committed to doing more BD releases and will be working though their catalog.
***Aniplex of America***